- Latest 7 Review From Brighton Picture Show
- Â» Review: Al Pitcherâ€™s Picture Show
Itâ€™s easy to see why Al Pitcher is fast becoming hot property on the comedy circuit. His warm, self-effacing style meant the audience were on his side immediately as he took us on a journey through various photographs heâ€™d taken that day and throughout his travels. Some were themed like defaced public notices and idiotic signs or just generally funny pictures. However, his quirky take on life, superb ad-libs and brilliant interaction with the audience took the photoâ€™s away from their origins and into a surreal and absurd world we all inhabit. Wonderfully clever, inventive and above all hilarious.
Pavilion Theatre, Brighton Dome 15th October
- 5 0ut of 5 PASTIES and a bonus cream tea , Nice Picture show review
- As for you Al, turning up in any town, camera in hand, hoping to illustrate the foibles of the locals is a brave thing to do. Luckily, in this part of the world, we love laughing at our own eccentricity so fear not: it's resounding five out of five pasties. In fact, as I haven't laughed so much in a long time, we'll chuck in the cream tea bonus too.
- LINCOLN COMEDY FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Al Pitcher uses photographs and observations from Lincoln as part of his show (6:30pm, Sunday, Drill Hall)
- Getting Laughs is a snap
COMEDY, like any popular culture medium, has an uncanny knack of telling society something fresh and interesting about itself. Take the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, where people pay good money to see comics from the other side of the globe say something witty and insightful about their own hometown.
- Al's turning mundane insane - Herald Express 2009
AS he goes about his life Al Pitcher sees a lot of ordinary things — but he rarely sees them in an ordinary way.
Al's mind is a seething ball of snakes, constantly twisting, flipping, and distorting. Turning the mundane insane, nothing is ever humdrum in the head of this comedian. [Read More...]
- A Kiwi with some snap judgements - Leicester Mercury
- [Read More...]
- Al Pitcher brings his photo/comedy stylings to Leeds'
Kiwi comedian Al Pitcher talks about the show heâ€™s bringing to Leeds, British audiences, and why he loves a good heckler.
- TimeOut Sydney - 2009
- The concept is high on originality, risk, effort â€“ and hilarity. Each day, Pitcher starts his show from scratch. He picks a suburb at random and walks around it, taking pictures of anything that catches his eye. And then he uploads the best images into a slideshow on his laptop and weaves a bespoke show out of it.
- In Bath - Interview with Al Pitcher
- Comedians can sometimes be quite repetitive. Itchy doesn't want to sound like a spoilt little brat....Al Pitcher is not like that. His current show â€“ the neatly titled Al Pitcher Picture Show â€“ takes audience interaction to a new level; city interaction.
- Chortle Review - Edinburgh Fringe 2007
- Ever said the wrong thing at the wrong time? Is your middle name faux pas? Does your foot reside in your mouth? Youâ€™re not aloneâ€¦ A favourite on the UK circuit with his energetic and freewheeling style, Al Pitcherâ€™s bloody chuffed to return with his new show, Idiot Wind [Read More...]